Register with our Premium Tracker service and receive automatic notification of properties that match your unique criteria as soon as they hit the market.
1. If you require finance it pays to have this pre-approved before you begin your search so that you are ready to act quickly. Speak with your financier to arrange the loan which best suits your needs.
2. Prepare a shortlist of prerequisites that you require in a property, taking into account your lifestyle and budget.
3. Research previous sales in your preferred suburbs and attend as many open homes in the area as possible to get an accurate picture of property values.
4. Speak to our team for additional information and market insight which may prove valuable in your search. Then register on our website to automatically receive notification of any new listings which meet your requirements.
5. When you find a property that you’re interested in, ask your agent to send a copy of the sale contract to your solicitor or conveyancer.
6. Speak to your agent about arranging a pest inspection as well as your solicitor about a building inspection to make sure you are aware of any possible major defects.
7. Following your solicitor’s or conveyancer's advice on the sale contract and taking into consideration the building reports, you are now able to make an informed decision to proceed with the purchase of the property.
8. Once negotiations have been finalised, you will be required to sign the sale contract and pay a 10% deposit if it’s a Private Treaty sale (this will already have been paid if you purchased at auction). Your deposit will be held in a trust account until settlement.
9. On settlement day it is advisable that you do a final inspection before settlement takes place. This is to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you last inspected it, and that all inclusions are as per the contract you signed.